Wednesday 13 November 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Queen’s Choice by Cayla Kluver

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
The Queen’s Choice by Cayla Kluver.
Publication Date: January 28th 2014.

The Queen’s Choice – Harlequin Teen
Magic was seeping out of me, black and agonizing. I could see it drifting away. The magic that would let me pass the Road to reach home again.

When sixteen-year-old Anya learns that her aunt, Queen of the Faerie Kingdom of Chrior, will soon die, her grief is equaled only by her despair for the future of the kingdom. Her young cousin, Illumina, is unfit to rule, and Anya is determined not to take up the queen’s mantle herself.
Convinced that the only solution is to find Prince Zabriel, who long ago disappeared into the human realm of Warckum, and persuade him to take up his rightful crown, Anya journeys into the Warckum Territory to bring him home. But her journey is doomed to be more harrowing than she ever could have imagined ...
Synopsis from goodreads.com

I have if I seriously think about it no idea where or when this book made its way onto my wait for publication list. But as I was scrolling through it just now this title came up as a not too distant release. But I’m not presenting this today because I couldn’t think of anything else ... that would be really sad ... but because I want know from you how many chances you give an author before you categorise them as not your cup of tea or read if available but don’t pick up specifically ... or something like that. The reason for this is for one that I read and sort of liked this author’s previous title Legacy yet I didn’t read the sequels. I felt that the book might have been better with a stronger editorial hand in tightening the story. And seeing that this new title is almost 200 pages shorter that might be the case. The writing was absolutely fine so I’ll be interested to see how the story-telling turns out in this one.

So let me know what you think about offering second/third/fourth chances along with your waiting on choice in the comments. Or just the book if you think I’m too nosy. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great pick! Thanks for sharing and I hope that you enjoy reading it.

My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/come-to-me-quietly/

Christine said...

I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds interesting. I usually have a hard time picking up a book by an author of a book I didn't like previously. I probably would give them a second chance on a new series if I had the time. I just have so many other books to read that if I don't like one, I usually just don't try another. But I hope you end up liking this book! Authors do tend to get better with time :)

The Reading Nook Reviews said...

I'm a big fan of offering second and third chances - especially when writers do different genres.

I hope you like this one!!

-Jess @ Reading Nook Reviews - My WoW

Post a Comment