Wednesday 6 November 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Forbidden Library by Django Wexler

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
The Forbidden Library by Django Wexler
Publication Date: April 15th 2014


The Forbidden Library - Kathy Dawson Books
Alice always thought fairy tales had happy endings. That--along with everything else--changed the day she met her first fairy. 
When Alice’s father goes down in a shipwreck, she is sent to live with her uncle Geryon--an uncle she’s never heard of and knows nothing about. He lives in an enormous manor with a massive library that is off-limits to Alice. But then she meets a talking cat. And even for a rule-follower, when a talking cat sneaks you into a forbidden library and introduces you to an arrogant boy who dares you to open a book, it’s hard to resist. Especially if you’re a reader to begin with. Soon Alice finds herself INSIDE the book, and the only way out is to defeat the creature imprisoned within. 
It seems her uncle is more than he says he is. But then so is Alice.
Synopsis from goodreads.com

Forbidden rooms are like pink elephants, you just have to think about them and in case of the room find out what’s inside. So I totally get why Alice sneaks off to see the forbidden library. I’d have done the exact same thing.
This middle grade story seems equipped to take the reader along for an adventurous ride as literally seen from between the pages. Especially considering the side effect to opening a book - falling into the story and having to fight oneself out again. (Considering the books I own, I think I’ll pass using that ability.) And who’s the arrogant boy and why is he allowed into the library? And does the talking cat start grinning manically, when asked a question? I’m definitely looking forward to The Forbidden Library turning out as magical as it sounds!

Did you ever (have to) sneak into a library like Alice? Tell us in the comments along with your waiting on choice!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I hadn't heard of this book but I *so* want to read it now :)

Here's my WOW pick.

Kimberly
Wit and Sin

Cricket said...

This looks like an interesting read. I'll have check this one out.
Cricket @ Little Library Muse

Greg said...

I saw this one a while back and then forgot about it- here it is again! I definetly want to check it out, and my daughter might like it too. Looks like a lot of fun.

Spiced Latte said...

I actually enjoy middle grade stories, this looks great
Great pick!

My WoW post!

Post a Comment