Tuesday 20 August 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Savage Blue by Zoraida Córdova

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Savage Blue by Zoraida Córdova.

The Savage Blue –
Sourcebooks Fire


I put my hand on his chest and press him against the mast. “Don’t. Call. Me. Lord. Sea.”
He looks down at my hand and smirks.
— Chapter 2

That’s what’s important to you. In the end, the secrets are what’s going to do you in.
— Chapter 7




Show of hands, how many of you have seen or know The Little Mermaid? I always wondered what it would be like if the guy fell into the water and had to find his way around her world rather than the girl playing fish out of water ... This is a little like fulfilling that thought, but (of course but) also not quite since our hero Tristan still has very land-bound ties. I enjoyed the first book The Vicious Deep and look forward to (careful, bad pun following) diving right back into the story.

Are you picking up a new series this week or returning to one? Maybe your book is a stand-alone? Let us know in the comments.

7 comments:

Vonnie said...

A Little Mermaid twist? Hmmm...I like that idea.

My TT

Beth F said...

The Vicious Deep was fun -- I didn't know the next book was out already.

I'm playing today here.

Dark Franny said...

That's an interesting twist, thanks for sharing! Here's my TT!

Anonymous said...

Great teaser. Hope you enjoy. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/08/20/teaser-tuesday-aug-20/

Sandra Nachlinger said...

A novel that takes place under the sea? Love the setting, and it sounds like a fascinating story.
My teaser is from THROUGH A YELLOW WOOD.

Greg said...

Nice teasers. Like mermaid stories w/ a twist.

Anonymous said...

Intriguing teasers!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesday_20.html

Post a Comment