Tuesday 13 August 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Infinityglass by Myra McEntire


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Infinityglass by Myra McEntire

Infinityglass - EgmontUSA

He wore a huge pair of wayfarer glasses, and was so Anthony Head, circa Buffy the Vampire Slayer, that it was all I could do not to call him Giles.
-- Chapter 8

“I have a green light, then?” Because now that we were finally here, holding back might kill me.
“It's fluorescent. Blinking. Spinning.
-- Chapter 13

Part three of the Hourglass series is in my hands and I can finally find out how everything comes together. The story is told from the POVs of Hallie and Dune. Hallie's a whirlwind of a person and Dune the quiet opposite. While trying to figure out the Infinityglass' secrets before anyone else beats them to it, they get to know each other quite well. The dynamic between them is great with lots of snappy dialogue and teasing. :) Nevertheless, I miss the Hourglass crew, which has not appeared much so far, as the setting is New Orleans and not Ivy Springs this time. I hope they appear later to help.

Which book's secrets do you want to discover this week? Leave us a comment along with your teaser.

5 comments:

Beth F said...

I don't know this series. The first teaser made me chuckle.

My teaser is here.

Amber said...

Nice Teaser! My blog roomie read this and liked it. Hope you do as well.
Here is my TT
http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesday-40.html

Greg said...

Nice, I like the first one a lot. :)

Anonymous said...

Good teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesday_13.html

Mei said...

I've never read this series, but any Buffy reference is a good reference...
Here's my Teaser Tuesday League of Strays
Author: L.B. Schulman

Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

Post a Comment