Tuesday 30 July 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers.

Dark Triumph – Houghton Mifflin
Books for Children

Would it hurt? I wonder, staring down at the jagged rocks below. Would I feel the moment of my landing? I close my eyes and imagine hurtling through space, rushing down, down, down, to my death.
— Chapter 1

That is when I realize I am still holding my knife, and it is all I can do not to plunge it into his gut. Instead, I move my hand as if to return the knife to its sheath, but I do not pull the blade back quite far enough.
— Chapter 6



Grave Mercy was another one of my lucky finds of 2012 and its sequel has quite a bit to live up to. However, as much as I liked Ismae I was really intrigued by Sybella and absolutely had to know more about her. So far, I’m getting my wish and also don’t get it. This is one of the many things that the author is really (and I mean really) good at: giving you what you want but making you realise that you probably want something else ... not knowing what that is exactly. The writing is just as spectacular as in the first book so I’m happily back in the historic world of those amazing assassin nuns.

Are you returning to a beloved fictional world this week? Share your teasers in the comments.

5 comments:

Vonnie said...

This sounds intense. She obviously has some issues going on.

My TT

Kathy Martin said...

This one is on my TBR mountain. I loved Grave Mercy and had to have it but I can't find time to read it with all the review books on my stack. Come see my teasers for Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear and Saving Paradise by Mike Bond. Happy reading!

Cyn @ Bookmunchies said...

Awesome teasers! I love this book so much. I adore Sybella and Beast (I did a teaser of this book too not too long ago haha). I hope you're enjoying it!

Here's my teaser this week at Bookmunchies (:

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Book Rogue said...

Oh I have to get this. Grave Mercy was one of my very few pre-orders last year, and I devoured it within the day. And I was actually looking forward to the sequel very much, but then so many other things came up.. I have to get to this soon, I hope!
Thanks for sharing! My TT

Post a Comment