Tuesday 2 July 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

Anna and the French Kiss –
Dutton

Who sends their kid to boarding school? It’s so Hogwarts. Only mine doesn’t have cute boy wizards or magic candy or flying lessons.
— Chapter 1

I gesture at my pajama bottoms. “I’m not exactly dressed for it.”
“Come on, Anna. Do we honestly have to go through this again?”
I give him a doubtful look, and the unicorn pillow flies at my head.
— Chapter 7


I totally blame this one on the YA Crush Tournament over at the YA-Sisterhood, even if Étienne was voted out in the first round and even if my personal favourite is quite a different crush altogether (no, I’m not going to jinx it). Nevertheless, this is a really cute and fun read, which also helps in alleviating wanderlust if you don’t have a vacation planned in the near future.

Do you have your summer vacation planned (or winter if you happen to live in the southern hemisphere)? And if so, how many books are you taking?

10 comments:

Vonnie said...

This was a cute book. Cliché but still enjoyable.

My TT

Beth F said...

This has gotten a lot of good reviews. Sounds fun.

My teaser is here.

Anonymous said...

Ohh I so want to read this book!
Here is my TT http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/07/02/teaser-tuesday-july-2/

gautami tripathy said...

It sure sounds like a great read!!

Here is my post

Book Blather said...

You've made me want to read this all over again! I'm looking forward to the third book coming out next year. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love books set in France - I've read a few fiction - Le Divorce is one and a few memoirs as well like, The Sweet Life in Paris

Anonymous said...

I've seen this one around. It looks cute!
Here's my Teaser Tuesday The Torturer's Daughter

Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

Unknown said...

My sister has been bugging me to read this book. I'm really interested now. :)


Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
Teaser Tuesdays

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Did the pillow hit its mark? Nice teasers!

Teaser Tuesdays - 7/2

Anonymous said...

Heard a lot about this one. Good teaser.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesday_2.html

Post a Comment