Wednesday 13 February 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt.
Publication Date: March 26th 2013


Going Vintage - Bloomsbury
When Mallory’s boyfriend, Jeremy, cheats on her with an online girlfriend, Mallory decides the best way to de-Jeremy her life is to de-modernize things too. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory swears off technology and returns to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn’t cheat with computer avatars). The List:
1. Run for pep club secretary
2. Host a fancy dinner party/soiree
3. Sew a dress for Homecoming
4. Find a steady
5. Do something dangerous
But simple proves to be crazy-complicated, and the details of the past begin to change Mallory’s present. Add in a too-busy grandmother, a sassy sister, and the cute pep-club president–who just happens to be her ex’s cousin–and soon Mallory begins to wonder if going vintage is going too far.
Synopsis from goodreads.com.

I like vintage things, such as Tiffany lamps or 50's furniture, so the cover of Going Vintage caught my attention straight away. The synopsis sounds great and I totally get Mallory's decision to return to a time that seems more simple in hindsight, especially after her boyfriend cheated on her online. Admittedly, changing your life this drastically sounds like fun, but it's not easy to go back in time when everybody else goes forward. So there are quite some complications waiting for her I would guess. Will she make it to the end of her list inspite of it all? And which danger will she face for number five on the list?
 
Would you like to go vintage sometimes? Tell us in the comments along with what you're waiting on this week!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great pick. I have this one but I still haven't started it. Ugh.. Happy reading.

Thanks for stopping by my WoW
Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

Unknown said...

I can't wait for this either! I have it on my TBR list and I'm so excited to read it when it comes out. It sounds amazing!

Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

mk said...

Sounds great and I already have it on my to-read list but I'm not sure I'll read it. I hope you enjoy reading it though...
Come check out my WOW post.

A Beautiful Madness said...

I really like the cover of this book. And I have to say, it sounds like something I would love. Great pick!
Em @ A Beautiful Madness
My WOW

Book Sake said...

I often think about going vintage, especially when things are breaking and sucking my time! This one sounds like fun!

- Jessica @ Book Sake

Unknown said...

I'm reading this on and off for the past week and it's real juvenile fun!

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Gahh doesn't this one look fabulous??? I can't wait for it to come out! Great pick :)

Here's my WoW!

Post a Comment