Tuesday 14 July 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Rogue by Julie Kagawa

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Rogue by Julie Kagawa.

Rogue – Harlequin Teen

“Yes, well, for future reference,” I said, thumping the spade-tip of my tail against the ground, “when someone decides to save your life, for whatever reason, the proper response is thank you. Guilt and groveling optional but highly encouraged.”
— Part II / 4

“No dragons in the kitchen. The neighbors would have a fit.”
— Part II / 4


The positive effect of starting a series late is that often you get to read two books in a row, maybe more if you were really holding back. I enjoyed this second instalment well enough, but I think that it’s good that we’ll now spend some time apart. Otherwise I might consider having words with a stubborn dragon girl about several things and I don’t think that I’m fireproof. I also have a serious problem with that Riley/Cobalt character as I can only understand part of his motives and I don’t think that he is actually fit to be a companion for anyone. And let’s not even talk about the two organisations at play. Something is very rotten ... and not in the state of Denmark.
In summary: Can everyone please get their act together until 2016 for book three? No? ... That’s what I thought since this will be a five book thing. Thanks for that. Until then I’ll invest in some sort of fire proof gear in case that I have to have words with several potentially fire-breathing creatures about how to handle things ... like poor, breakable human hearts. Poor human(s).

Do you binge-read series or authors? If you, after how many books do you feel that you might need a break or change of flavour? Let’s hear from you in the comments!

7 comments:

Vonnie said...

Lol I love how you interact with the series while you wait for the next book.

My TT

Karen and Gerard said...

I never read a dragon book. Enjoyed your comments about it though.

Beth F said...

Haaaaaa. Love the second one. I've read other books by Kagawa and liked them.

Unknown said...

I think my comment disappeared, dang it. LOL I have these books and can't believe I haven't got to them yet. Your fun teasers are urging me to get to it!

Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/14/teaser-tuesdays-122-below-the-water-line/

Kathy Martin said...

I love your comments on this series. I have read the first two also. My YA teaser this week comes from The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey. Happy reading!

Linda said...

I haven't started this series. I think I'll wait til more books come out. Sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Very, very interesting teaser. This is on my TBR list.

mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/07/13/teaser-tuesday-diplomatic-immunity/

Post a Comment