Tuesday 20 May 2014

Teaser Tuesday: The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Maze Runner by James Dashner.

The Maze Runner –
Delacorte Press


And yet he didn’t know where he came from, or how he’d gotten inside the dark lift, or who his parents were. He didn’t even know his last name.
— Chapter 1

To survive the buggin’ Maze, you gotta be smart, quick, strong. Gotta be a decision maker, know the right amount of risk to take. Can’t be reckless, can’t be timid, either.
— Chapter 15



Keeping up with the theme of reading book/series almost everyone else has already finished, this week is also a preparation for the movie ... and this is not completely unrelated to seeing the trailer. But the book before movie rule applies.
I’m not that far along yet, but I already get the feeling that this world is very complex and will keep me on my toes to get everything. And yet I still have the feeling that I already missed some foreshadowing. Reviews indicate that it’s a pretty clear cut of either loving or not finishing the book, there doesn’t seem to be much room in between. I’m quite curious to find out where I’ll fit in. There are a few signs of thinks I dislike, such as artificial withholding of answers as well as the not really comprehensible proto-language the kids in the maze have adopted. I hope this will bother me less as the book goes on.

Do you watch movies based on books before you read the book (if you’re aware of there being a book in the first place)? Sound off in comments and share your teasers.

1 comments:

Vonnie said...

At least you are starting to read the books that everybody seems to have already read. I'm far behind!

My TT

Post a Comment