Tuesday 4 June 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Goddess by Josephine Angelini

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Goddess by Josephine Angelini.

Goddess –
Macmillan Children’s Books

She’d been married to the guy once, and from the snippets that Helen could vaguely recall, neither of them had been too happy about that fact even though they had tried their best to make it work. Sort of like being permanently handcuffed to someone that you love, but who also really annoys you.
— Chapter 5

“You brought yourself here. I can’t make you come here; all I can do is leave the door open for you.”
— Chapter 11



I just realised that I internally referred to 2012 as “the year of sequels”. Consequently, this year deserves a similar moniker, but somehow “the year of final books in trilogies” doesn’t have the same ring to it. (I’m open for suggestions). And I finally managed to complete a trilogy with all three books in the same format/size/cover design. This doesn’t seem like much of an achievement, but I somehow managed to collect the oddest mixtures in all my other series. So ... minor yay. Notice how I’m not talking about the book? Final book in trilogy and therefore spoiler minefield mindset. I think the end is on par with the rest of the series and provides a great source of entertainment. Maybe not if you asked Homer or Sophocles ... but the opinion of long-dead Greeks is often overrated anyway.

Are you finishing up a series this week? Share your teasers in the comments.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to read this book so bad!

My TT (Scarlet):
http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-teaser-tuesday-2.html

Book Blather said...

I booed on this one, my other two covers are US and I ended up with the UK edition of Goddess. So it is an achievement, be loud and proud about it! :-)

Karen and Gerard said...

So many sad marriages!

Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/06/4-varied-tuesday-teasers-funny-scary.html

Linseypop said...

Great teaser. And yes I'm finishing a series this week and I really don't want it to end! It's what my teaser is from 'Elemental Mysteries' by Elizabeth Hunter.

Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I love the comparison to being handcuffed. Clever. This sounds like a terrific series.
My Teaser is from THE COMEBACK KISS.

Unknown said...

This book looks so good! Great WoW pick :)
-Scott Reads It

Post a Comment