Tuesday 22 January 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi.

Through the Ever Night
- HarperCollins


Aria shook her head, trying not to smile. Truly, Roar was the perfect choice. He had taught her all she knew about sounds—and knives. “Everything except modesty.”
-- Chapter 4

Wait. What’s wrong with Reverie?”
He grinned, tipping his chin up. “If you want to know, then come back.”
-- Chapter 18



I’ve just started reading this one and picked the second quote at random from the middle ... without spoiling myself, which is quite a feat I think. I’ll admit that I sometimes skip a few pages ahead to get a sense of what’s coming. Less so with eBooks since they don’t really allow for that kind of thing. Anyway, I’m a few pages in and already have a feeling that I’ll like this sequel better than Under the Never Sky. I can’t quite say why yet and I might very well be disappointed later, but right now I’m very much enjoying the Outside. And I want to punch Wylan and Hess, but that shouldn’t be a surprise.

Do you skip ahead in books? Or do you even read the ending or the last page before you finish? Tell us in the comments.

7 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Glad you are enjoying your book. No, I don't skip ahead because I don't want to ruin the suspense. The only time time I skip ahead is if I do not like the book and I want to see if it's worth finishing. Sometimes then I will look ahead, but only then.

Here's our 3: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/01/tuesday-teasers-3-this-week.html

Unknown said...

ah man, I still have yet to read the first one! *frustration*... totally need to get to this asap...

My Teasers

Happy Reading :)

Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

Anonymous said...

Nice teaser! enjoy your book.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday_22.html

Kay said...

I try really hard not to skip ahead, and I usually don't. Sometimes I get so curious though that I read so fast that I am only really skimming.

Nice teaser!

My Teaser

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh I've heard great things about this series. Hope you enjoy it.

And no, I try to not skip ahead, and won't read the last page...it kinda ruins the journey. But once in a while if I have a book that uses different povs and stops and I HAVE TO KNOW, I'll look for that characters next chapter lol.

If you'd like to stop by, I have a teaser up as well:
http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday-147.html

Monika G. said...

Yay! This series is excellent, one of my favorites. :)

My TT

Special Needs Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment