Tuesday 13 November 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares -
Knopf Books for Young Readers


If I hadn’t appreciated her sadism, I would’ve headed straight for the hills. But instead, I headed straight for Santa. ... Luckily, I always travel with a book, just in case I have to wait on line for Santa, or some such inconvenience.
-- Chapter 3

It is much harder to lie to someone’s face. But. It is also much harder to tell the truth to someone’s face.
-- Chapter 7


I had such a hard time deciding on only two teasers for you. This book is so precious! Just right before Christmas, which is its own character in this story, but certainly not a Christmas-story. Really gorgeous writing ... and I better stop it now or I’ll embarrass myself (even more?) by gushing about this book. But really if you’re looking for a pleasant read that will make you smile, this is one great candidate for the task.

Share your Teaser Tuesday pick in the comments!

8 comments:

Lady In Read said...

this sounds like a great read and both your teasers are wonderful.. i agree with the teaser from chapter 7 and i too travel with a book always...

Kara said...

Great teaser! One of my favorite books. :)

Here's mine: http://flowersofquiethappiness.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesdays-til-grits-do-us-part.html

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Sometimes it really is harder to speak the truth to someone, and even more so, to have the truth spoken to you!
Here's my teaser: I Love Dan Brown

Karen and Gerard said...

Good teasers. I always bring a book along if I think I have to wait.

Here's our 4 for you: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesday-teasers.html:

Unknown said...

I love these teasers! I always carry a book just in case too!
Here's my TT
Ashley
#BookNerd

Anonymous said...

Interesting teasers.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday_13.html

Ciska said...

Have heard a lot of great things about this book and love the teasers.

My TT

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I enjoyed both your teasers ... and I'm always looking for a book to make me smile!
My teaser is from THREE MOONS OVER SEDONA.

Post a Comment