Tuesday 25 September 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Easy by Tammara Webber

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

Easy by Tammara Webber.

Easy - CreateSpace


“Oh, for Pete’s sake--as I told my daughter, there’s not a boy on the planet worth this amount of angst. I know; I used to be one.”
-- Chapter 2

“You’re full of contradictions, Ms. Wallace.” I looked up at him and arched a brow. “I’m a girl. That’s part of the job description, Mr. Maxfield.”
-- Chapter 22


I wasn’t sure about reading this book. At all. It deals with two topics that easily can get overly simplified or cheesy or just be portrayed badly. These topics being break-ups and (attempted) rape. Now this book isn’t the big revelation (it doesn’t have to be), but it’s honest and doesn’t gloss over anything. Maybe the twist is a bit obvious and maybe the end is a bit too neat, but the story this book tells to get there is well worth reading. -- Oh, and one thing: The industry insists on labelling this one as a “New Adult” book (for ages 14-35) so I suppose we’ll have to cast off our old skins or something before reading books from this category.

3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds like fun...thanks for sharing.

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Nash Nordin said...

I've heard some good thing about this book. I'm not sure if I've add this one to my list! Thank you for sharing!

ai-books

Sandra Nachlinger said...

The "New Adult" category is new to me! Does that make me an Old Adult? Regardless, I enjoyed your teaser. Sounds like a worthwhile book.
My teaser is from A STOP IN THE PARK.

Post a Comment