Wednesday 8 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass
Publication Date: October 2nd 2012

Lucid - Razorbill
What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever?

Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different--except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night, they dream that they're each other.

The deeper they're pulled into the promise of their own lives, the more their worlds begin to blur dangerously together. Before long, Sloane and Maggie can no longer tell which life is real and which is just a dream. They realize that eventually they will have to choose one life to wake up to, or risk spiraling into insanity. But that means giving up one world, one love, and one self, forever.
Synopsis from goodreads.com

Who didn't dream of being someone else before? I did, for sure. So I was hooked from the first two sentences of the synopsis. Also, I like it, when lines get blurred and mixed up like in a surrealist painting. In the end, Sloane and Maggie can make the choice to entangle them, if they want. Only, what if both choose the same life to wake up to?

Which book can't you wait to get your hands on this week?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good and a really fantastic and original concept, great pick! This is one to add to my wishlist.


My WOW
And check out my giveaway HERE

Unknown said...

Great concept! Another great pick!
Hopping through with My TT!
Happy Wednesday!

Madigan Mirza said...

This sounds amazing! It's totally going on my list of things to read.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

This was my pick a while ago. Can't wait to read it <3

My WoW pick

Kate said...

Can't wait for this one, great choice!

My WOW and international giveaway

Monaliz said...

I fell in love with the cover the moment I saw it, that made me want to read it right away! Luckily, the synopsis was awesome too ;)

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by!

Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

Krystianna said...

Great pick! I can't wait for this one either. I feel like I've been waiting for it for a long time! It sounds absolutely amazing and the cover is beautiful. :)

Bellas Shelf said...

I left the comment on the wrong posts..lol..I am looking forward to reading this book. It looks awesome :)
new follower <3
W.O.W @Books and Beyond

Irene said...

good teaser. enjoy!

Post a Comment