Tuesday 27 May 2014

Teaser Tuesday: The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa.

The Forever Song –
Harlequin Teen


“Would it kill you to have a little faith in your older brother?”
“It might.”
— Chapter 4

He smiled, and it turned my blood to ice. “Sing for me, Allie,” he crooned, in a voice that was all too familiar. “Sing for us, and make it a glorious song.”
— Chapter 7



Trilogy conclusion, and what a ride this series was ... or is, seeing that I’m not quite done and expect quite a firework for this one. I mean this is Julie Kagawa and she is a master heart-string-player, emotion juggler, and anticipation tamer. The last cliffhanger at the end of the second book was just brutal and so far this book has lived up to that potential. Sometimes knowing more than the protagonist is a kind of torture as well. And that trap was everything I hoped and feared it would be.
I’m still not quite on board with the impersonal covers. They are lovely but I loved the original cover of the first book with Allison on it. Nevertheless, the content matters more and that obviously stayed the same. Little warning though: If you’re squeamish regarding blood, you might want to stay away from this.

There probably won’t be a TT next week as I’ll be on vacation. There will be books, but no internet. Until then I want to know how you feel about blood and maybe a little gore in books. Does it affect you, do you try to avoid it? Let’s hear from you in the comments and please share your teasers.

5 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I thought this book was great. I don't mind blood and gore if it is purposeful and not just added on for no good reason. Came see my teasers for The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu and The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst. Happy reading!

Jenny @ Book Sojourner said...

I have this one, and am just trying to prepare myself for the finality of it. I'm nervous and excited. Great teasers!

My teaser: http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2014/05/teaser-tuesday-38-take-me-on-by-katie.html

Kay said...

I have yet to read this series, but I hope to at some point!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday

gautami tripathy said...

Both great teasers. Sounds good to me!

Here is my teaser post from Night Fish by Kristine Ong Muslim .

AND

Here is my intro post from Sufficient Ransom by Sylvia Sarno .

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

Great teasers particularly the first one. Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/tuesday-teaser-may-27/

I read a lot of crime novels and where a bit of blood doesn't really bother me I'm not too keen on unending violence for no good reason. Carefully placed it adds tension but too much does turn me off a book. Great post and subject for thoughts.

Post a Comment