Wednesday 24 October 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers.
Publication Date: April 2nd 2013.


Dark Triumph - Houghton Mifflin
Books for Children

Sybella arrives at the convent’s doorstep half mad with grief and despair. Those that serve Death are only too happy to offer her refuge—but at a price. Naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, the convent views Sybella as one of their most dangerous weapons.

But those assassin’s skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to a life that nearly drove her mad. Her father’s rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother’s love is equally monstrous. And while Sybella is a weapon of justice wrought by the god of Death himself, He must give her a reason to live. When she discovers an unexpected ally imprisoned in the dungeons, will a daughter of Death find something other than vengeance to live for
?
Synopsis from goodreads.com

I loved, loved, loved His Fair Assassin - Grave Mercy and thought that the character of Sybella could have used a little more page time. Little did I know that she would get a whole book! Happy news indeed.

What title are you waiting for this week?

5 comments:

The Readdicts said...

I've read and loved Grave Mercy and I cannot wait for Sybella's story in Dark Triumph. Great pick!

Here's my WoW.

I'm following you now!

-Sarika.

mk said...

I've seen the book before but never read the summary... now I realize my mistake! I really like the sound of the book. The summary was pretty interesting but why did it have to be book two.. I haven't read book one yet... Thanks for sharing! Great pick!
Come check out my WOW post.

A Beautiful Madness said...

I still haven't read Grave Mercy, but it is at the top of my TBR pile. I've heard only great things about it. Great pick!
Em @ A Beautiful Madness
My WOW

Tammy Sparks said...

Wow, this sounds great! I still haven't read Grave Mercy (but I have it sitting on my bookshelf!). Great choice!

You can visit my WOW post here.

Dragana M. said...

I plan to read Grave Mercy soon and then we will be waiting together for the next book. Nice pick. :)
Here's my Wow.

Post a Comment