Tuesday 30 October 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Storm Begins by Damian Dibben

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

The Storm Begins by Damian Dibben.


The Storm Begins - Doubleday Childrens

The night Jake Djones found out that his parents were lost somewhere in history was one of the stormiest on record.
-- Chapter 1

“So, you’re wondering what you’re doing here? Who we all are?” “That would be an understatement. How do you know my family?” “I need to check your eyes first.”
-- Chapter 3


It’s time for new heroes. At least that’s what the back cover of my version of this book says. And so far I have to say that though Jake Djones chose some pretty big shoes that he wants to fill, he seems quite capable of the task. I’m not too far along yet, so take this with a grain of salt, but I can say that I took an almost instant liking to the characters and that’s definitely not something I say about all “new heroes”.

Which book is your companion this week?

5 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Sounds like a strange one here!

Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/10/tuesday-teasers-low-pressure-and.html

Unknown said...

A bit different.

CarolynBrown-Books

Anonymous said...

Definitely different, good teaser.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday_30.html

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Great teaser! "check your eyes first"??? Makes me want to know more.
My Teaser is from REMEMBER ME?

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Sure is intriguing. Sounds like a great read!
Here's my teaser: I love Dan Brown

Post a Comment