Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Illuminate by Aimee Agresti

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

Illuminate by Aimee Agresti.

Illuminate - Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

When I got to the door of my room, I was just relieved to see nothing on fire. It took so little to make me happy these days.
-- Chapter 19
There is no one more shocked than me that someone like that showed an interest in me. And really, I had no clue he was a 'bad boy' until I found out he was trying to steal my soul for Satan.
-- Chapter 23


Usually, I have a severe dislike for books with paranormal spiritual backgrounds. Possibly because I’ve had too many not so happy encounters with them. This one is a fun departure from that and I enjoyed reading it because it’s not too openly "up there" and "that other place downstairs". I think there are a few passages that could have been a little more concise, which would have helped to keep the tension even more together. Overall, a really enjoyable and fun read with an interesting idea and lots of things going on. Sequel please.

Which book have you buried your nose in this week?

16 comments:

Vonnie Rivera said...

Trying to steal her soul for satan? Wow! Great teasers!

Here's my teaser

Book me! said...

Ooh! I love me a bad boy! Great Tease!
Stopping through with My TT!
Happy Tuesday!

Katja Weinert said...

That second teaser's a real attention grabber.
Katja @ YA's the Word

Irish said...

Good teasers. There were lots of good lines in this book but for me the story as a whole was just so-so. I hope that you are enjoying it though.

My Teaser is here.

C.M.Brown said...

Great teaser!

You will find mine here:
CarolynBrown-Books

Preet @ A Written Rhapsody said...

That's a different way to find out some guy is a "bad boy", haha. Great teasers.

Preet @ A Written Rhapsody

Meghan G said...

wow nice teaser. will have to check this one out
here is my TT

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

I've been interested in this one. I hope to read it sometime!

My TT

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Two very great quotes, I haven't read this one yet but it's on my list for sure. Here's my Teaser

Nash Nordin said...

Nice teaser! I haven't heard of this one. But, I really like the cover. Looking forward to see what you think of it.

TT @ ai-books

Sandy Nachlinger said...

He's definitely a bad boy alright! Stealing someone's soul is not the best way to make friends.
My teaser is from Hot Issues, Cool Choices.

Tribute Books Mama said...

Intriguing second teaser.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday.html

Angeline HidATeen said...

I loved reading Illuminate. The cover is just gorgeous. I wish I had her dress. I'm super jealous of her >.<

Melissa @ Melissa's Bookshelf said...

Lol, love both of those teasers!

Here is my teaser this week.

Nazish Reads said...

Great teaser, this book has been on my tbr list for a while.
I love paranormal and fantasy books, most of the books I read are those.

Here's my Teaser Tuesday (Sweetly)


-Nazish @ Nazish Reads

Books And Beyond said...

this sounds like a good read. I love books like this.
I cant wait to see what uthink of it when u do read it.
new follower :)
W.O.W @Books and Beyond

Post a Comment