Tuesday 14 February 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Winter by Marissa Meyer

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia of The Purple Booker.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Winter by Marissa Meyer.

Winter – Feiwel & Friends

“You know, if this emperor thing doesn’t work out, you might have a future career in espionage.”
He gave her a wry look. “Let’s make sure this emperor thing works out, all right?”
— Chapter 17

I can’t do anything like this. I’m broken. I’m literally broken.”
Iko settled a hand on Cinder’s shoulder. “Yeah, but broken isn’t the same as unfixable.”
— Chapter 54


Maybe today would have called for either an obviously romantic or a completely unromantic choice, but to heck with it. This is the final (so far) book in the Lunar Chronicles and a worthy conclusion to the series. The war that’s been brewing for three book finally arrives at the door of those who have been stoking it for several decades.
The author manages to tie up all retellings she’s taken up and bring them together in a suspenseful and entertaining way. I’ve loved rooting for the several characters and sharing their turbulent developments. At several point the outlook is more than dire, but the solutions always seem organic and plausible.
There is apparently going to be a graphic novel spin-off for Iko. I’m not quite sure if I’ll follow along. Not because of the medium, but because the end seemed so well-rounded to me. But you never know. Or rather: You’ll certainly get to know if I decide to give it a try.

Do you have a series that has switched mediums to expand after the end? I’m very curious if you think the switch was made successfully. Share your opinions and teasers in the comments!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read Cinders, but need to get down to reading the other two books in the series and your quote is certainly a timely reminder to do so! Mine is a beautiful love story...
http://thepurplebooker.com/teaser-tuesday-21417/

Beth F said...

I was waiting to read this series until all the books were out. I guess I'd better get to it.

sherry fundin said...

I've read Cinders and loved it. Will I ever finish the series????
sherry @ fundinmental My TT

Unknown said...

I still haven't read this one even though I have it. I think I'm not wanting it to end. LOL

My TT from Murder and Other Unnatural Disasters

Majanka Verstraete said...

I have yet to read this series but they sound so amazing! I hope you enjoy the book.

My teaser for the week.

Laura said...

I haven't read any of this series yet, but I love retellings. Good teasers. My Teaser

Nise' said...

Loved this series.

Kathy Martin said...

I love this whole series. This week my teaser comes from I See You by Clare Mackintosh. Happy reading!

Post a Comment