Tuesday 19 July 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books And A Beat.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa.

The Iron Warrior –
Harlequin Teen

I meet those icy blue eyes. He smiles sadly.
“I’m sorry, Ethan,” he whispers, always the same.
— Chapter 2

This wasn’t going well. We’d escaped one dragon’s nest only to land in an even bigger, nastier one. The Exile Queen stopped staring at Kenzie and smiled at me again, and I felt my insides shrink.
— Chapter 11




Faeries are always a good backup read, especially when they are written by Julie Kagawa. And I mean backup read if you need your reading soul put through the wringer ... in the most loving way with respect to the author. This is the final book in the second Iron Fey cycle and as far as I’m aware there aren’t going to me more in the foreseeable future. I’ll be sad to say goodbye to characters that have been with me for quite a while and also a few of the newer ones. But knowing the author she’ll have something up her sleeve ... apart from the next books in her dragon centred series.

I’m currently alternating between books that have been on my TBR for a while and brand new books and I must admit that quite a few of the older TBRs don’t actually stand the test of time as they were apparently published (and added to the pile) during a trend that now doesn’t quite capture me anymore. Are you making similar observations (or do you cull your pile more regularly than I do)? Share your thoughts and teasers in the comments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah! I do like the sound of this and I haven't encountered Julie Kagawa... I, too, am trying to start to tackle my teetering TBR pile, with limited success, given Himself keeps bringing back books from the library AS WELL. But most of the ones I read, I generally enjoy. This is my offering... https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/07/19/teaser-tuesday-19th-july-2016/

Beth F said...

I've read a few of her books and really liked them. I need to get back to her series.

Juli Rahel said...

I really should read Kagawa's books, I feel like I'm missing out on loads of fairy fun! This is a great teaser though, you definitely have me curious! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
My Teasers
Juli @ Universe in Words

Unknown said...

Uh oh. It doesn't sound good. Another one for my wish list.

My TT from A Whole Lotta ARCS

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

That's an astute observation about TBR books! I actually prefer reading popular books after the hype has gone down, but if they really were just published to capitalise on a trend, that does tend to show.

By the way, I'm here from Teaser Tuesday. Here's my teaser for the week! =)

Kathy Martin said...

I really enjoyed this series. I know what you mean about some books on the TBR not standing the test of time. On the other hand, some are like buried diamonds. My YA teaser this week comes from The Ministry of SUITs by Paul Gamble. Happy reading!

Greg said...

I haven't read this author yet, although I like the teasers (especially the second one).

Greg said...

I haven't read this author yet, although I like the teasers (especially the second one).

Post a Comment