Tuesday 21 April 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder.

Taste of Darkness –
Harlequin Mira

“But they fight in the name of the creator.”
“I don’t care if they fight in the name of broccoli. The goal remains the same.”
— Chapter 5

And the lesson had been learned. Stop trying to use the Lily to revive the dead or it might just work.
— Chapter 8





I have a growing appreciation for Sisyphus and his never-ending task, but at least mine is a pleasant one of decimating my TBR ... only that whenever I finish one book at least one more has joined the rest of the pile. More likely two or more. But I’m teaching myself to put down books that aren’t doing it for me and decide whether it’s just for now or to give them away entirely. So far it’s mostly a “maybe later” pile next to the TBR, but I’m getting better at it.
This books is definitely not in danger of being put down ... apart from sleep and work, but everything else can wait. I want to know what happened to Kerrick! I dare the book to keep him from me much longer or this will not have a pretty end. And please return him in an acceptable state, preferably before I completely lose it with Avry and the rest of them. Final book in the series and I’m more than curious how this will come to its conclusion. The build-up over the first two books was very promising.

What’s the news regarding your TBR piles? Do you sort them according to mood or simply by chronological order of books being added to the pile? I’d love to hear about your method in the comments along with new books to be added to my pile.

11 comments:

Stormi said...

I need to try this author, I have seen a lot of good reviews about her books. I am getting better and giving up on ones that just are not giving me the feels and putting them down. :)

Stormi
Tuesday memes

Beth F said...

I liked a few things by this author. Good teasers. Life's too short to read bad books.

Nadene @Ttly Addicted 2 Reading said...

I need to try this author. I will be adding this to my TBR. Here is mine
http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/04/teaser-tuesday-10.html

Rin said...

Good teasers. I love the humor. I don’t care if they fight in the name of broccoli. Hahahahaha.

Rin
Hiding Under The Sheets

The Candid Cover said...

These are some awesome teasers! My TT: http://candidcover.net/2015/04/21/teaser-tuesdays-1/

Anonymous said...

A funny teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2015/04/teaser-tuesday_21.html

Unknown said...

Is this a new Maria Snyder release? I've been anxious to read her Poison Study series; is this book part of that series? Great post! Here's my teaser

Julika said...

It's actually not her new release, which would be Shadow Study as part of her Study series (I think), but the conclusion to her Healer series.

Unknown said...

This sounds fun. I love sarcasm. LOL And the first tease cracked me up.

My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/21/teaser-tuesdays-111-constricted-by-bejjajcampbell-review-free-book/

a booklion's hideaway said...

hahaha nice teaser! Here is my Teaser on Total Surrender by Rebecca Zanetti.

karen said...

Love the broccoli bit! Great teaser!!!

Mine: http://wellreadpiratequeen.blogspot.com/2015/04/teaser-tuesday-10.html

Post a Comment