Tuesday 24 March 2015

Teaser Tuesday: The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead.

The Ruby Circle –
Razorbill

“What?” My mother-in-law’s voice came out extra shrill to my ears. “That creature’s staying?” It figured. Her daughter-in-law transforming into an animal? No problem. Having to take care of a cat? Crisis.
— Chapter 2

“Is he right?” I asked quietly, once we’d put some distance between the guest cabin and us.
“That I’m a terrible liar? No. I’m a fantastic liar.”
— Chapter 10




Slight contrast programme to last week, but even I (especially) can’t read the heavy stuff all the time. Sometimes I need fluff and romance and sweet happy ends ... with some plot and everything still in moderation and with logic, if at all possible, most of the time. As this is the end of the series and in fact the end of the Vampire Academy universe (for now at least) there are certain expectations as to what will have to happen in this book. Some might call it fan service, but I think that there will still be a great deal of thing happening before that final chapter. I’m curious how the author will tie up the plot and say goodbye to the characters. I imagine that it wasn’t easy after 12 books in that universe.

Is there a series that has accompanied you for the better part of a decade (or longer)? Did it come to a conclusion you were satisfied with? Let’s hear from you in the comments.

7 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Interesting teasers--sounds like a fun read!

Nadene @Ttly Addicted 2 Reading said...

Great teaser. Here is mine
http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-9.html?zx=ae1cfc19cfdbb760

Juli Rahel said...

I haven't read this series although I've heard plenty of things about it! And tbh, I think I'd rather have a daughter be a shifter than have a cat in the house, because they turn into devil spawns whenever I'm near! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
My Tuesday post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Beth F said...

I haven't read this one but I've read (and liked) other books by Mead. I'll put this one on the list.

Anonymous said...

Good teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday_24.html

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Those are great teasers! But as a mother-in-law myself, I must say that we're not all bad.
My Tuesday post features DEVIOUS.

a booklion's hideaway said...

I have read Vampire Academy series. I still have start with this series. I just followed your blog :)
And here is my TT

Post a Comment