Tuesday 4 March 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Infinite by Jodi Meadows

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Infinite by Jodi Meadows.

Infinite – Katherine Tegen Books

We could put off real life until dawn.
“If you steal all the blankets, you’ll be sorry.”
— Chapter 2

“If it wasn’t the end of the world, it’d be something else. Maybe not this big or terrible, but there are always events in life that can make you unhappy if you let them.”
— Chapter 12



Third and final book in a series, so as usual I won’t say anything about the content. Just one thing: I hadn’t realised until just now how much of this series consists of dialogue. The second and especially the third more than the first as Ana is coming out of her shell, but now there's so much talking! It makes sense with a first person narrator. Either I never thought about it or noticed until now or this book is almost overwhelmingly heavy on the dialogue part. The series most likely won’t feature in my favourites of all time, but I liked the idea of the story about reincarnation and its mechanics quite a bit ... the defining love-story somehow never quite caught me. Possibly because I don’t connect to music as strongly as the two characters do. Still very much a romantic story with pretty words and sentiments, not to forget the great character development visible in Ana over the course of the trilogy.

What are you reading this week? Share your teasers in the comments!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Nice teaser! Thanks for sharing :) Here is mine...
http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2014/03/teaser-tuesday-60-on-fence-by-kasie-west.html

Kim@Time2Read said...

Those are pretty good teasers! I haven't read the series, though.
My teaser today is from Steeped in Evil.
http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/03/tuesday-memes-march-5.html

Kathy Martin said...

I haven't begun this series yet but I enjoy the teaser. My teasers this week are from Eyes Closed Tight by Peter Leonard and The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

Very cool teasers. I've only read the first book in this series, but people seem quite excited by it all :)
My Teaser

Anonymous said...

Awesome cover. Great teaser too. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2014/03/04/teaser-tuesday-mar-4/

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Beautiful cover and intriguing teaser. The end of the world would definitely make a person unhappy!
My Teaser is from SPARE CHANGE.

Udita Banerjee said...

True, happiness comes from within
http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2014/03/04/teaser-tuesday-march-04/

Post a Comment