Tuesday 16 July 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins.

Sweet Peril – HarperTeen

I shuddered. Couldn’t Dad somehow teach them to knock? Anything less jarring than dive-bombing toward my face unexpectedly.
— Chapter 7

“As if you don’t know.” Ginger’s eyes narrowed with distrust as she studied me.
My stomach compacted into a firm ball of nerves. “I don’t know.” I looked over at Marna. “Tell me.”
— Chapter 8


Didn’t I recently say something about sequels and final books? So no worries there are enough unfinished series to go around. At the very least this one is straight forward and doesn’t for example change its main characters or locations ... well, technically speaking it probably does. It  suffers a little from what I call second-book-syndrome-of-absent-guy-and-possible-replacement-guy. Only not as badly as other series, and I also don’t want to smack the heroine around the head on a constant basis. I’m about a third in now, but I really hope that things will pick up soon, otherwise this could become a little tedious.

Have you been disappointed in a sequel recently? Sound off about it in comments and share your current read.

12 comments:

Vonnie said...

What didn't she know?

My TT

Karen and Gerard said...

Good teasers, got my interest!

Here's our 4: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/07/4-tuesday-teasers-today.html

Stephanie @ Bookfever said...

I didn't like this first book but the teasers made me kind of curious!

Here's my teaser!

~Stephanie @ Bookfever

Linseypop said...

I've seen this book a few times over the TT's. Think I might check it out. Thanks for sharing.
Mine is from The Witches Dream by Victoria Danann.

Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

Anonymous said...

Interesting teasers. Looks good.
http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/teaser-tuesday-july-16/

Unknown said...

I just finished Sweet Evil! Kaiden is ABSENT in this book!? I hope not. I am awaiting delivery for Sweet Peril from Amazon. Check out my teaser if you get a chance @ FueledbyFiciton

Book Blather said...

'second-book-syndrome-of-absent-guy-and-possible-replacement-guy' is why I haven't gotten to this one yet, although I liked the first book. I'll probably tackle it this winter. :-) Cool teasers!

Anonymous said...

i have seen this book around though i havent read it.. i love your teasers, especially the first one
mine is up: http://bookskeepmesane.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/teaser-tuesday-july-16-2013/

Unknown said...

Interesting teasers! Who or what is dive-bombing toward her face? My TT comes from the book Scare The Light Away: http://meandu-justthinking.blogspot.ca/2013/07/teaser-tuesdays_16.html

Kathy Martin said...

Intriguing teasers - but I haven't read the first book in this series yet. My teasers this week are from Shelter by Harlan Coben and Dick Francis's Bloodline by Felix Francis. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Captivating teasers!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesday.html

Mei said...

I have this on my TBR, I'm sad to hear that it has 2nd book syndrome though.
Here's my Teaser Tuesday Allison Hewitt Is Trapped by Madeleine Roux

Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

Post a Comment