Wednesday 10 April 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: If I Should Die

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
If I Should Die by Amy Plumb.
Publication Date: May 1st 2013.

If I Should Die - Atom

I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France
’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It should
n’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we
’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying - to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others - so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?
Synopsis from goodreads.com

I often think of final books in a slightly ambiguous manner: On the one hand, I’m sad to see characters go, especially when I’ve grown to like them quite a bit. On the other hand, I’m also looking forward to the conclusion of the overall story. I don’t need an “and they lived happily ever after” but more something that ties up loose ends and leaves me with the feeling that this is the best end the individual series could have been given. For this series in particular, I really hope to see more of Jules. I’m currently reading the novella, Die For Her, and it’s breaking my heart ... in a positive way, if that is possible.

Let us know about the books you can hardly wait for in the comment.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't read this series yet, but I've beein DYING too. (Haha, stupid pun!) I hope you enjoy it!! :)
<3!
Beth | The Reading Vixens
Vixen's WoW

Divergent Gryffindor said...

Eh, not really my type of read.. But thanks for sharing :)
Waiting on Wednesday
April Giveaway Hop

Kate said...

Great choice, I will definitely read this when it comes out : )

my WOW and international giveaway

Unknown said...

Although I do not generally read this genre I was quite interested after reading these teaser sentences. Stop by my blog and check out my TT: http://meandu-justthinking.blogspot.ca/2013/04/teaser-tuesday.html

Post a Comment