Tuesday 2 October 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Diviners by Libba Bray

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Diviners by Libba Bray.

The Diviners -
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

"The book of my bethren, Hobbes said - not the same at all," Will corrected her. "Semantics." "Gesundheit," Evie said.
-- Page 332


"There are times when one friend requires the blind faith of another, darling girl. This is such a time," Evie said after a long pause. "Besides, when have I ever steered you wrong?"
"Would you like a list?"
-- Page 378

After finally getting my hands on this book, I would have read it in one sitting, it's such a gripping read. But life got in the way. ;) The Diviners pairs murder mystery with the supernatural. It's greatly written, fast paced and full of suspense. I still have 150 pages to uncover the history of my favourite characters Theta and Jericho and to find out if and how the murder mystery will be solved. Can't wait to get on reading!

What is your current read? Tease us in the comments!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hah, the second teaser is a laugh! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Bec @ Readers in Wonderland said...

I NEED TO GET MY HANDS ON THIS

But I don't know when it's coming out in AUS ;__;

Anyway, thanks for sharing. The second teaser made me laugh XD

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting.

My TT this week is from He Came For Mine, Book Two in The Protector Series
CarolynBrown-Books

Post a Comment