Tuesday 22 May 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium - Harper Teen


“In approved places, every story serves a purpose. But forbidden books are so much more. Some of them are webs; you can feel your way along their threads, but just barely, into strange and dark corners. Some of them are balloons bobbing up through the sky: totally self-contained, and unreachable, but beautiful to watch.
And some of them--the best ones--are doors.”
-- Chapter 13



Today is a late teaser, partly because the weather is nice and partly because I got stuck in a book, which is the best possible way to be stuck if you ask me. Pandemonium uses a different method to tell the story which began in Delirium. It took me a while to get used to the jumps between then and now, but now I’m at a point in the story where I always want to know what happens next, no matter which timeframe I’m in. So excuse me, there is a door waiting for me.

What are you reading?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just posted a review of Pandemonium on my blog! It was one of the best books I've read this year, and your review is very symbolic of Lena's maturity:)

I'm now a proud new follower of your blog, do drop by mine @ bookaworld.wordpress.com too!

-Alicia
bookaworld.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Ooh, lovely teaser. And so true :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday_22.html

Becky said...

I love Pandemonium!! :D

My Teaser

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Gah! I love this book and series! One of my favorites! I hope you enjoy the rest. That quote was perfect. :)
my Teaser Tuesday

Ashley said...

What a great teaser! Such beautiful writing. I haven't read the first book in this series yet, but I keep hearing amazing things about both of them, so maybe I need to get on that bandwagon!

Wrighty said...

Awesome teaser and a wonderful quote! I won this book but haven't had a chance to start it yet. So many doors! I can't wait!

Monster of Books said...

How are you like this novel? Great teaser XD Thanks for sharing.

Maura @ Monster of Books

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow! This does sound like a captivating read. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

This one sounds incredibly interesting. Nice blog, new follower :)

Post a Comment