Tuesday 24 January 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is not my current read (which is a very boring textbook on literary theory), but the book for which you will get a review in a short while.


The Fault in Our Stars - Dutton Juvenile
 
“I was blind and heartbroken and didn’t want to do anything and Gus burst into my room and shouted, ‘I have wonderful news!’ And I was like, ‘I don’t really want to hear wonderful news right now,’ and Gus said, ‘This is wonderful news you want to hear,’ and I asked him, ‘Fine, what is it?’ and he said, ‘You are going to live a good and long life filled with great and terrible moments that you cannot even imagine yet!”



This book is heart-wrenchingly beautiful. Should you decide to pick it up I recommend getting tissues as well while you're out.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I keep hearing amazing things about this. Like, really amazing. Everyone keeps saying they just cry and cry when they read this. It's not something I'd typically read, but maybe I'll pick it up when I need a good cry ;)

Feel free to check out my teaser here.

Jessica G. said...

This is a great teaser and combined with the equally as awesome title, I think I'm adding this one to my TBR pile!
Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-life-of-pi.html

kayerj said...

I think that is true for most of us. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Anonymous said...

I have yet to hear anything about this book that isn't the highest of praises. :)

My TT

Anonymous said...

How would he know?

Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

Post a Comment